The vastness of space when we look at the stars,
infinity of time when we think about death
are questions of life and existence
that all of us ask –
as kids and adults –
with varying degrees of uncertainty,
changing aspects of anxiety
and differing shades of knowing.
I – who am I
why am I here
where will I go?
The calculus of Newton
in the cross of Descartes
has given us reductions:
x becomes smaller as dx
y gets tinier as dy
the difference between smaller and smaller units
of linear pathways:
along the linear distance of x
and ‘earth time’ of y.
Linear movement is the result.
It is expressed as ac-celeration and de-celeration,
speed, spin and velocity.
Zero Motion is stillness. Rest.
And balance. Balance between opposite movements:
turning from one direction to another,
changing from acceleration to deceleration,
from right spin to left turn,
from moving outward to moving inward.
I – who am I
to look again?
At points and lines,
planes and 3D?
To distinguish between points, poles and planes,
and planes as spaces of rest
for lines of force,
measured along axes of linear units?
- A TRANSFORMATION of InterChange (3dmetricuniverse.wordpress.com)
- Movement and Motion (adrianpymphotography.co.uk)
- Chasing After Infinity (transienttransmissions.wordpress.com)
- Reaching Infinity (dieuonthegrass.wordpress.com)
- Anything Times Infinity Is Infinity (cottonbombs.wordpress.com)