Mathematically speaking, Zero, One, Two and Three are not romantic, cosmic or universal.
Logically talking, 0 is everything we are familiar with: a point on an axis, nothing in an addition, an order of magnitude when it comes to money and other measures.
Philosophically, zero is the Still Point of Silence and Balance, in our mind: inside the head, as well as outside.
When we leave our head and move off this planet, when we sit and watch how stars shine and planets move, we see what we see before our inner eye: eternal movement, continuous generation of phenomena: thoughts in our mind, physical events before our outer eyes.
Zero is inside. At the heart of the mind, as in the heart of the sun.
To go inside means coming to still the mind so that we are observers of not only ourselves but also the phenomenal world as it passes by.
And of cosmic nature as it unfolds and decays and re-unfolds.
Are we watching as observers or as participants? Only in the stillness of the mind will we feel the pull towards new ideas, and the push to pursue new insights that allow us to integrate: the outside with the inside, the external perception with internal notions, the personal and the human, the cosmic and the natural.
Polarities are there for transcending: integrating on the next level, rising to the nearest star.
Two is the symmetry that ensures our eyes are the mirror of our soul, so that we see before and behind our eyes: light behind and matter before.
“Understanding Number” has been attributed to me by a professor of physics, computing and mathematics – as the most important work since relativity theory. But, so far, it hasn’t helped to raise the funds necessary to turn my software designs into Smart Knowledge Portals.
My latest funding application is to the Tech for Good Challenge. ‘Friends’ are supposed to click the ‘like’ button to increase chances of success, but I don’t even know whether readers can see what I see!
I’d prefer to create a ‘social business‘ a la Nobel Peace prize winner Muhammad Yunus and wonder whether ‘crowd funders’ might commit to monthly payments rather than a ‘capital sum’ for ‘equity’? That to me would be a good ‘online formula’ for a ‘social business’. I’ll see whether I can manage to put that together with WordPress!
- Lets talk Social Entrepreneurship (miyaautumn.com)
- AfDB, Nobel laureate Muhammad Yunus launch social business initiative for Africa (ghanabusinessnews.com)
- Nobel Laureate Muhammad Yunus Promotes Social Business in Tunisia (tunisia-live.net)
- Muhammad Yunus – Paradigm Protector or Proposer? (rethinkingvalues.wordpress.com)
- The Entrepreneurship Bug: Mingling Business and Humanity (solsticeson.wordpress.com)
- Yunus Social Business, Virgin Unite and Clinton Foundation Launch Haiti Forest Initiative (prnewswire.com)
- Nobel Prize-winner, Professor Muhammad Yunus, will give a speech in the African Development Bank’s Eminent Speakers Series (appablog.wordpress.com)
- Muhammad Yunus: The Poor Are Not Left Behind (ritholtz.com)
- On Being (claudecs.wordpress.com)
- Social Business More Lasting than Charitable Organizations (businessuck.com)
Tagged: African Development Bank, Albert Einstein, Alternative, Astronomy, Big Bang, Building Social Business: The New Kind of Capitalism That Serves Humanity's Most Pressing Needs, Cosmic ordering, Cosmic Ordering Service, Extrasolar Planets, Grameen Bank, List of nearest stars, Local ordinance, Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize, Philanthropy, Philosophy, Physics, Relativity, Religion and Spirituality, Social business, Social enterprise, Theory of relativity, Universe