think of what now is so obvious: the use of octal numbers to re-order the hexagrams 1 to 64 (base 10) from 00 to 77 (base 8), leading to remarkable visual effects.
So I used
- trigrams numbered from 0 to 7
- and hexagrams counted from 1 to 64
- to renumber them from 00 to 77
and produced a lot of
- visually attractive diagrams,
- leading to designs on t-shirts and accessories in this online shop: http://i-ching.spreadshirt.co.uk/.
Hence I was amused to discover that for the Chinese, the New Year is the Year of the Sheep, starting 19 February, with the number 8, considered to be the luckiest number, being ubiquitous, as said on this site.